- Strong interest in Malta megaproject5 June 2020Major European and Asian developers have expressed an interest in developing a 12km submarine tunnel in Malta.
- NAO: Strategic approach to PFI handback needed5 June 2020Infrastructure could return to the public sector in an unsatisfactory condition and services could be disrupted unless a more strategic approach is taken.
- EU to ‘quickly’ consider doubling infrastructure budget4 June 2020The European Commission has called on the European Council and European Parliament to agree on a EUR1trn InvestEU programme.
- GBP12bn UK energy pathfinder stalls4 June 2020Bristol City Council is to restart the procurement of its multi-billion pound energy initiative.
- Market sounding for UK biotech development3 June 2020A university in the North of England is looking for private partners to deliver a biorenewable and innovation hub.
- Addleshaw Goddard boosts infra offering3 June 2020Law firm Addleshaw Goddard (AG) has hired a new partner to boost its projects practice.
- UPP appoints construction director2 June 2020University accommodation developer University Partnerships Programme (UPP) has appointed a new construction director
- GI Hub publishes ‘megatrends’ report2 June 2020The Global Infrastructure Hub (GI Hub) has launched a report that identifies the top 25 megatrends affecting infrastructure globally.
- UK govt publishes benchmarking tool2 June 2020The Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) has published a benchmarking capability tool; agency seeks project delivery advisors.
- KPMG ramps up ESG push2 June 2020The financial services giant has appointed Richard Threlfall, is to lead to lead its global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Sustainability business
- EMU Public-Private Partnership OpportunityAdvertised/In Procurement
- Ontario Line Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and MaintenanceAdvertised/In Procurement
- Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and TunnelAdvertised/In Procurement
- The World Bank’s Rapid Response20 May 2020The World Bank’s Jemima Sy explains to Partnerships Bulletin’s Jonathan Davies how the new ‘Covid-19 PPP Rapid Response Umbrella Program’ is leading the charge in helping developing countries move forward from the pandemic.
- Covid-19 – the new Carillion for operational PPPs15 April 2020An unprecedented global health crisis has led to equally unprecedented demands on PPP project contracts and the relationships that underpin them
- Balancing act2 April 2020Has the UK government found the formula to harness the private sector to meet NetZero targets, asks Partnerships Bulletin’s Jonathan Davies
- Megaprojects for megaproblems1 April 2020Partnerships Bulletin’s Jonathan Davies looks at whether public-private partnerships can help deliver the megaprojects needed to combat climate change
- Sustaining investment1 April 2020Global challenges and geopolitics will guide how investment is delivered in Europe but what does the European Union’s plan for sustainable infrastructure mean for the public and private sectors? Asks editor David Keniry.
- Amber founder ‘heartened’ by Covid-19 response27 March 2020Co-founder of Amber Infrastructure and director of International Public Partnerships (INPP) Giles Frost tells Partnerships Bulletin project partners have put “aside contracts” to face the Covid-19 challenge