- Govt, private sector must ‘join hands’ on climate19 October 2021Governments and the private sector must “join hands” to tackle carbon emissions at this year’s COP26, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said.
- Cities urged to leverage private support20 October 2021The Global Infrastructure Hub (GIH) and IFC have suggested that cities around the world should use private partners to make up for shortfalls in funding.
- Saudi water P3 reaches FC20 October 2021Saudi Water Partnerships Company (SWPC) and an Engie-led consortium have reached financial close on the Jubail-3B water plant concession.
- Ukraine preparing next port PPP20 October 2021The Government of Ukraine is preparing a PPP to expand Chornomorsk Port.
- Kyrgyz airport PPP on the way20 October 2021The Government of Kyrgyz Republic, with the help of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), is preparing a major expansion PPP for its Manas International Airport.
- New major projects MD for Bam Nuttall20 October 2021The Royal Bam Group has appointed a new managing director of major projects at UK contractor Bam Nuttall.
- NHS decarbonisation partnership unveiled19 October 2021A new partnership between Wates, Arup and HKS Architects has been unveiled to decarbonise the NHS estate
- DIF acquires solar platform19 October 2021DIF Capital Partners has acquired a controlling stake in a solar development platform.
- SFT drives Scottish pandemic response19 October 2021The Scottish Futures Trust (SFT) has been at the forefront of Scotland’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic and helping the country recover, its latest report has claimed.
- Edinburgh seeks feedback on regen partner plans19 October 2021The City of Edinburgh has launched a market consultation exercise on potential delivery methods for a major regeneration programme.
- UK targets £10bn green investment19 October 2021The UK government has announced that deals worth nearly £10bn have been secured as part of the Global Investment Summit.
- Going Global19 July 2021Luke Houghton has taken on the global infrastructure & capital projects lead at Deloitte. He tells Paul Jarvis about his plans for future growth of the business
- NEDs: An answer to handback hassle?2 July 2021As more PFI projects head towards handback, project companies will need experts to tackle emerging tensions. Could non-executive directors (NEDs) be the answer?
- Analysis: What does a new UK infrastructure bank mean?21 June 2021The new bank has opened its doors after a relatively short set-up period. Can it do what Chancellor Rishi Sunak and others hope, or is it just another empty initiative?
- Mission Critical18 June 2021Infrastructure banks are in vogue. But can they solve the challenges facing countries as they look to deal with the green revolution? Paul Jarvis takes a look at why a clear and simple focus is important
- Bringing the Vision into Focus18 June 2021Saudi Arabia has the most ambitious programme of PPPs in the world. Deputy Editor Jonathan Davies asks the industry whether the oasis in the desert is a mirage or a miracle
- Brand New18 June 2021In April, infrastructure and real estate manager HCP rebranded as Vercity. Chief executive Stuart Yeatman talks to Paul Jarvis about the next phase for the company