- Winner for Birmingham Uni accommodation5 March 2021A preferred bidder has been chosen to redevelop the University of Birmingham’s Pritchatts Park student accommodation village.
- Budget 2021: Infra industry urges more clarity4 March 2021Announcements broadly welcomed but need for delivery structure underlined; lack of detail on transport and social infrastructure highlighted
- Amey hires highways director5 March 2021Infrastructure firm Amey has appointed a new highways sector director, taking charge of the company’s local and strategic highways operations.
- East-West Rail timelines emerge5 March 2021DfT document confirms dates and costs for planned procurements as DBFM remains under consideration
- Gwynt y Mor OFTO downgraded4 March 2021The bonds underpinning the Gwynt y Mor offshore transmission owner (OFTO) project have been downgraded by ratings agency Moody’s.
- Oman prepping six PPPs4 March 2021Oman is planning to undertake feasibility studies for six new PPP projects this year, covering education, health, transport and ports.
- PPPs drive John Laing performance4 March 2021Strong value creation in John Laing’s PPP & projects division helped drive strong growth in net asset value (NAV) at the company during the second half of the year.
- EU looks to PPPs in cohesion package4 March 2021The European Union has approved €330bn for infrastructure and energy projects through its Cohesion Structural funds.
- More advisors sought for Canberra megaproject3 March 2021Major Project Canberra is looking for commercial advisors to help develop the second stage of its Light Rail network.
- Policy plan for UK Infrastructure Bank published3 March 2021Budget 2021: Bank to be seeded with £12bn as location confirmed; policy design document sets out how bank will be capitalised; NIC to undertake regen study
- Portland Advisers boosts PPP expertise3 March 2021Project and structured finance specialist Portland Advisers has appointed three new consultants, including one with a strong PPP track record.
- University of Birmingham Pritchatts Park Student Accommodation VillagePreferred Bidder/Proponent
- Oman Musanna Fishing Port ProjectIn Planning/Proposal Announced
- Oman Liwa Fishing Port ProjectIn Planning/Proposal Announced
- P3 Awards 20204 March 2021
- Analysis: The UK’s state aid plans8 February 2021The UK has begun the process of decoupling itself from the EU’s state aid rules. The changes could be of significant interest to the infrastructure community
- Back with a Bank18 December 2020The UK is preparing an infrastructure bank. Our annual conference debated whether this means the country’s private finance market is back in business
- Partnerships Awards 202018 December 2020Under unprecedented and (hopefully) unique circumstances, the PPP industry didn’t let a pandemic prevent it from coming together and raising a glass to its great and good in December
- Recovery Room18 December 2020The Covid-19 global pandemic has shone the spotlight on health services around the world. Paul Jarvis takes a look at what this means for the future of health infrastructure
- Above and Beyond Down Under18 December 2020Has the pandemic created the crucible that will see Australia’s PPP industry evolve into something new, asks senior reporter Jonathan Davies
- Financing Asian Development18 December 2020Senior Reporter Jonathan Davies talks with the Asian Development Bank’s new vice president for private sector operations and PPPs, Ashok Lavasa