- Leeds considers hospitals funding options19 October 2018Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is looking at a range of funding options, including private finance, to deliver two new hospitals, Partnerships Bulletin understands.
- Scotland unveils investment opportunities18 October 2018The Scottish government has published an updated prospectus of potential investment opportunities, including a number seeking joint venture partners.
- Irish authorities discuss housing plans18 October 2018An Irish parliament committee has discussed the delivery of thousands of housing units by local authorities and state agencies.
- Deloitte appoints EMEA infra M&A head19 October 2018Financial advisory Deloitte has appointed one of its PPP experts to lead its infrastructure M&A team across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- German district launches school PPPs19 October 2018A district in Lower Saxony has issued two contract notices to deliver a combined four schools under the PPP model.
- Skanska to stop bidding large-scale US PPPs19 October 2018Skanska has revealed it will no longer bid for “mega design-build PPP projects” in the US, despite having previously targeted the market over Europe.
- NAO urges govt action on projects data19 October 2018The UK government needs to improve data collection on projects to monitor and evaluate outcomes more consistently, a report from the National Audit Office (NAO) has warned.
- Bouygues issues profit warning19 October 2018Projects at Bouygues’s Energies & Services division, as well as Colas, have hit the company’s profits.
- €400m Italian health PPP due next year18 October 2018A region in north-western Italy is to tender a €400m health PPP in 2019, after nearly 10 years of planning.
- ADB, IFC to step up PPP efforts18 October 2018The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) are weighing options to enhance PPP cooperation in the Asia Pacific.
- Organisations back Lower Thames Crossing18 October 2018A host of public and private organisations have thrown their weight behind the latest plans for the Lower Thames Crossing project.
- UK seeks green infra fund manager18 October 2018The UK government has launched a request for proposals (RFP) for a fund manager to administer its new Clean Growth Fund.
- On the Defensive17 September 2018The UK’s Ministry of Defence has been pioneering improvements in collaborative working within PFI contracts
- Ever So Good17 September 2018Environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations are becoming increasingly important to investors. Paul Jarvis explores how they could also help resurrect PPP's image
- The wrong kind of growth?17 September 2018This year’s Financing African Infrastructure conference emphasises that more needs to be done to turn opportunity into reality across the continent. Paul Jarvis reports
- Cheap Labour17 September 2018As funds look to diversify away from UK PFI, Dan Colombini takes a look at the political risk hanging over a huge portfolio of projects
- Leaking money17 September 2018After almost 30 years of underinvestment, the European Union has sanctioned Spain for its lack of water sanitation.
- Critical Condition2 July 2018As a host of contracts head towards their final years, many in the industry believe now is the time to get a grip