- Macquarie infra MD leaves17 August 2022Macquarie Capital’s head of infrastructure & energy capital debt for Europe has left the firm to take up a new role with a renewables investor.
- Balfour sees investments boost17 August 2022Balfour Beatty has reported a strong first half performance, including a 10% increase in its order book and a £200m increase in its investments portfolio.
- Bangladesh preparing port PPP17 August 2022The Government of Bangladesh is preparing a major terminal PPP project near Chittagong.
- Apollo continues infra hiring push16 August 2022Apollo Global Management has added a new partner to its London infrastructure team.
- Advisors appointed for Sheffield mass transit15 August 2022A team of advisors has been appointed to support South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (SYPTE) in its mass transit project, including the improvement of the Sheffield Supertram.
- Philippines to relaunch airport PPP15 August 2022The new Philippines government has suggested it will look to relaunch the redevelopment of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) under a PPP model.
- UKIB chief sets out equity investing plans15 August 2022John Flint, chief executive of the UK Infrastructure Bank, has shared his thoughts on how the organisation will look to use its equity investment powers.
- Brussels looks for PPP advice15 August 2022The City of Brussels is looking for legal advisors to help on PPP projects.
- Santorini island waste PPP tendered12 August 2022The Government for the South Aegean Region of Greece has released a tender for its Island of Thira waste PPP.
- Willmott Dixon appoints new strategy director12 August 2022Contractor Willmott Dixon has appointed its first director of strategic change.
- Procurement bill raises flexibility concerns12 August 2022Exclusive: Infrastructure industry welcomes efforts to increase flexibility but fears new bill may result in more uncertainty and potential legal challenges
- Workshopping expiry29 June 2022At the UK Partnerships Hub, Knight Frank’s Nigel Badham oversaw a workshop to tease out some of the main issues facing the industry as PFI contracts head towards expiry. Here, we summarise some of the findings.
- Turning the theoretical into the practical23 June 2022Addleshaw Goddard’s Stephanie Townley hosts a wide ranging discussion on expiry as the public and private sectors grapple with challenges and seize the opportunities it creates. Jonathan Davies reports from the roundtable event
- Net Zero at UK Partnerships Hub22 June 2022New innovations and new ways of financing projects will be key to meeting the government’s ambitious plans, but concerns remain over how that will be achieved
- Delivering the agenda21 June 2022The UK’s infrastructure industry has been put at the centre of the government’s biggest missions, but is it possible to hit the targets? Jonathan Davies reports on an A-list panel discussion at the UK Partnerships Hub
- Net Zero at a local level23 June 2022The scale of the challenge and the art of the possible in the built environment. Some reflections from the UK Partnerships Hub boardroom sponsored by Robertson
- Analysis: Don’t expect an Australian revolution21 June 2022A new leader at the helm is unlikely to result in a major shake-up of the Australian PPP market, writes Jonathan Davies