- UK flood defences target new funding sources14 July 2020Government policy sets out long-term plan to increase resilience of flood and coastal infrastructure.
- UK emissions agenda ‘provides infra funding challenge’14 July 2020The UK government’s target for net zero carbon emissions by 2050 creates large opportunities for the infrastructure market, but there are major issues of funding to be resolved, experts have warned.
- Long-term plan ‘needed’ for energy efficiency14 July 2020Energy UK chairman Lord Hutton welcomes government initiatives but urges longer term horizon.
- London council to consider PFI handback options13 July 2020Islington Council’s Executive will this week consider its options for a housing PFI contract set to expire.
- Saudi launches debut parking project13 July 2020The National Centre of Privatization has released an expressions of interest (EOI) for Riyadh parking development.
- Minister: Delivery vital to UK infra13 July 2020Financial Secretary to the Treasury, Jesse Norman, has highlighted the importance of delivery and the need to maintain pace in UK infrastructure projects, adding he and colleagues are to have training on being better clients.
- UK Net Zero “a game changer” for private investment13 July 2020Focus on decarbonisation will create huge opportunities, says Infrastructure & Projects Authority (IPA); industry ‘won’t need to worry’ about pipeline
- Pensions Infrastructure Platform acquired13 July 2020Foresight Group has reached an agreement to acquire the Pensions Infrastructure Platform (PIP).
- Suez & Vauban join forces10 July 2020New alliance set to fund over EUR500m of projects
- IPA releases guidance on project success9 July 2020The UK’s Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) has published a quick guide for practitioners on things to get right for any project to succeed.
- Multilateral Thinking30 June 2020Senior Reporter Jonathan Davies looks at how supranationals are using PPPs to help emerging markets respond and recover from coronavirus.
- The World Bank’s Rapid Response20 May 2020The World Bank’s Jemima Sy explains to Partnerships Bulletin’s Jonathan Davies how the new ‘Covid-19 PPP Rapid Response Umbrella Program’ is leading the charge in helping developing countries move forward from the pandemic.
- Covid-19 – the new Carillion for operational PPPs15 April 2020An unprecedented global health crisis has led to equally unprecedented demands on PPP project contracts and the relationships that underpin them
- Balancing act2 April 2020Has the UK government found the formula to harness the private sector to meet NetZero targets, asks Partnerships Bulletin’s Jonathan Davies
- The verdict is in: Projects need champions5 March 2020Courthouse projects have become a benchmark for success in the execution of public-private partnerships; global industry leaders delivering these projects share their insight into that success. By David Keniry, editor.
- Handback to the future8 June 2020Partnerships Bulletin’s David Keniry talks to industry leaders on the need to gear up resources for expiring contracts as the impact of seminal reports on managing assets is assessed.