- John Laing confirms takeover talks6 May 2021Developer John Laing has confirmed that it is in talks over the potential of being bought by a global investment firm.
- Former KPMG veteran takes IPFA chair6 May 2021A former KPMG projects specialist has been appointed the new chair of the International Project Finance Association (IPFA).
- Infra NZ director joins consultancy7 May 2021Professional services consultancy Beca has appointed a former project director from Infrastructure New Zealand to its team.
- Former Engie director becomes Hochtief UK MD7 May 2021A former major bid director at Engie has taken over as managing director of Hochtief PPP Solutions (UK & Ireland).
- New approach to Infra Australia Priority List7 May 2021Infrastructure Australia has posted an update on how its Infrastructure Priority List will operate going forward.
- Ireland appoints PPP legal advisor7 May 2021Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) has appointed a legal firm to support its PPP plans.
- Vietnam Expressway PPP winner unveiled7 May 2021The Vietnamese Ministry of Transport has awarded the Nha Trang – Cam Lam Expressway PPP to San Hai Group.
- Jordan prepares national broadband PPP6 May 2021The Government of Jordon is preparing to use a PPP to expand and operate its national broadband network.
- Belgium regen PPP tendered6 May 2021The municipality of Baarle Hertog, in north Belgium, has released a contract notice on its city centre regeneration PPP.
- Finance ‘key to climate action’6 May 2021COP26 president urges development banks to target carbon emissions; infrastructure investment ‘critical’ to global economic recovery
- Balfour plans Irish exit6 May 2021Contractor Balfour Beatty is preparing to exit the Irish market.
- Analysis: Climbing out of the Gully4 May 2021New Zealand’s PPP market has suffered the long shadow of the Transmission Gully project’s difficulties. Will the publication of the review pave the way for new deals, or is it too late?
- Hydrogen: The Missing Element19 April 2021Hydrogen has long been viewed as a potential game changer in the fight against climate change. Jonathan Davies asks whether the private sector is the crucial element in ramping up rollout
- Is PPP Dead in the UK?19 April 2021There appears little appetite from government to introduce a bold pipeline of partnership projects in the UK. So why is the industry so busy?
- Profile: The Pace of Change19 April 2021James Stewart has been at the heart of the UK and global infrastructure market for over three decades. As he steps back and looks for new challenges, Paul Jarvis catches up with him to get his views on how things have changed – and what comes next
- Preserving and promoting the tilt to green in the Covid-19 era19 April 2021John Seed, Head of Policy Unit, Sustainable Infrastructure Group, at the EBRD, discusses the bank’s response to the pandemic
- Analysis: MPs' report on PFI handback is just the start24 March 2021Some harsh words from the Commons public accounts committee should sting the public sector into action, but there remains a long road ahead