Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have revealed the shortlisted bidders and issued requests for proposals to the teams for two projects related to the Ontario Line.
The agencies have shortlisted three teams for the Ontario Line Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance (RSSOM) package, which will be delivered under a design, build, finance, operate and maintain (DBFOM) model.
The three teams to receive requests for proposals are:
- Connect 6ix – a consortium led by Plenary Americas, Hitachi Rail, Japan Infrastructure Initiative, Webuild/Astaldi Canada and Transdev Canada
- ONConnects – a consortium led by Aecon, Siemens and Keolis
- ONLineLinx – a consortium led by John Laing and Alstom Transport Canada
Three teams have also been sent the RFP for the Ontario Line South package to be delivered via a design, build, finance model:
- Community Transit Link – led by Aecon, Dragados and Strabag
- ON-Linx – led by Webuild, Astaldi Canada, Amico Infrastructures, and Saipem
- Ontario Transit Group – led by Ferrovial and Vinci
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx expect to award these two contracts in 2022.
Requests for qualifications for the third Ontario Line package, covering the Northern Civil, Stations and Tunnel contract, is expected to be issued in spring 2022 under a DBF model.