A spokesperson for New Hanover County has confirmed to P3 Bulletin that the following teams have responded to a request for qualifications (RFQ) for the redevelopment of the government center at 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington:
- Developers: Vermillion Development; Campbell Coyle Holdings
- Design: RATIO; Lynch Mykins; Affiliated Engineers; Norris & Tunstall
- Construction: Balfour Beatty
GHK Cape Fear Development FD Stonewater:
- Developers: GHK Cape Fear Development; FD Stonewater
- Design: LS3P; SEPI; Newcomb & Boyd; Mihaly Land Design; ESC
- Construction: Thomas Construction Group
The county issued the RFQ at the end of August for the project, which will deliver a facility for county offices currently housed in the government center and private development suitable for the site that will generate additional tax revenues for the county.
The government center was originally constructed as a shopping center in 1989 and the county bought and renovated the building beginning in 2002.
The building, which is 136,654sq ft, has more than 30,000sq ft of unused space and will require significant maintenance and repair investments over the next 30 years.