The partner will lease and develop a six hectare parcel of land and water in Bowen Boat Harbour (BBH) for activities that meet the needs of both commercial and recreational boat owners in the Whitsunday Region and beyond.
The state will retain the underlying estate in perpetuity, and enter into a term sub-lease with the successful proponent, providing long-term security over the site for its development.
Under the plans the partner will be responsible for all aspects of the project including:
- developing a concept for marine servicing facilities and supporting uses
- securing funding required to successfully deliver the project (including, but not limited to
capital infrastructure, connection of services, revetment walls, and any dredging required to
facilitate the project)
- coordinating all aspects of developing the facilities and supporting uses
- ongoing management, operations, and maintenance of the facilities and supporting uses, and
- satisfying that the demand for the proposed project exists
Expressions of interest are to be submitted to the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) by 18 May 2018, with questions due by 4 May. A shortlist is expected in early July.
TMR will engage specialist advisors to assist in the procurement process.