Financial close on French hospital PPP

A Dutch-led consortium has reached financial close on the Angouléme Hospital PPP in the central-west of France.

Dutch Infrastructure Fund II (DIF II) alongside construction firm Vinci have reached close on the 25-year concession project, which will provide hospital accommodation for elderly persons.

DIF II has acquired 81% of the project’s shares and funded the facility with long-term project finance from Credit Foncier de France over the 25-year contract period. Construction and maintenance will be covered by Vinci, which has acquired the remaining 19% of shares.

In addition to the hospital facilities, the project includes the construction of a kitchen, laundry, medicine storage area, waste management area and staff offices. Construction is planned for completion in 2016.