The bank has agreed to invest $265m (€226m) into the programme to deliver the NOOR Midelt 1 and 2 solar power plants.
Overall, the two plants are expected to cost in the region of €2bn and will have a cumulative capacity of 800MW once they are operational.
Masen, the organisation leading the NOOR solar programme, pre-qualified five teams for the first phase of the Midelt project in June this year, having issued the request for qualifications for the project back in July 2016.
The five teams that were pre-qualified are:
- ACWA Power Consortium, comprising International Company for Water and Power Projects General Electric Company
- EDF Energies Nouvelles Consortium, including EDF Energies Nouvelles, Abu Dhabi Future Energy PJSC – Masdar, Green of Africa, Sener Ingeneria Y Sistemas
- Engie Consortium, comprising International Power (Engie), Nareva Holding, SolarReserve, Solaire Direct
- Innogy SE Consortium: Innogy, Belectric, Ferrostaal Industrial Projects
- JGC Consortium, comprising JGC Corporation, Abener Energia