TfL tenders £3bn EV charging JV

Credit: Getty

Transport for London’s Places for London has kickstarted the procurement of its Electric Vehicle Charging Hubs joint venture project.

Under the plans, the concession will deliver, operate and maintain up to 65 EV charging hubs across London, with an initial five specified.

The joint venture will be 51% owned by the private partner, with Places for London owning the other 49%.

According to the authority, the estimated turnover the partner could receive if all sites are delivered is around £3.6bn.

The joint venture will run for 50 years, with each site’s lease lasting for 30 years.

Places for London said that the joint venture will “directly contribute to London's transition to a Net Zero carbon city,” generating “long-term sustainable and growing dividends for the JV participants”.

Responses are due 22 January 2024. The tender can be found by clicking here.