Your search returned 94 results.
Enough is enoughI have done my best to avoid discussing the B word for as long as possible, but as things continue to drag on, the damage being done by Brexit can no longer be ignored
- The Regeneration Game25 March 2019Ever since the ‘death of PFI’, the opportunities for more bespoke, local developments have been growing. This sector clearly has the potential to flourish as a market in the UK, as some recent progress has shown.
- Ill Winds18 March 2019Interserve’s woes may not have had the impact of Carillion, but have nonetheless provided fuel for the anti-outsourcing lobby
- Getting Stronger?4 March 2019The UK government's new Stronger Towns Fund will need to work in partnership with a wide range of organisations if it is to avoid throwing good money after bad
- Play Time25 February 2019The launch of the UK government's outsourcing 'Playbook' may signal an important shift in thinking when it comes to risk
- In search of the Brits18 February 2019As Brexit looms, should the market be concerned about the lack of interest from British contractors in being PPP bid leaders?
- Transported to the future11 February 2019Whether it’s experts getting excited about autonomous vehicles or governments looking for ideas to revolutionise roads, there’s a lot of talk about transport systems at present
- Not banking on it4 February 2019A report has called on the UK government to create a national infrastructure bank to replace the European Investment Bank’s involvement. But political support seems thin on the ground
- Fixing the relationship21 January 2019The UK infrastructure industry is in listening mode as it awaits the government’s review of infrastructure finance. Our event with Amey last week suggests a conversation can begin
- Heating up14 January 2019France has been making major in-roads into developing new community heating facilities using PPP. The UK could probably learn a few lessons from its friends across La Manche
- On the brink17 December 2018As Christmas approaches, there is little festive cheer in the UK’s infrastructure market, even if Balfour Beatty has offered a glimmer of hope
- Listening time10 December 2018Our recent roundtable considering the year ahead for the UK’s PPP industry highlighted the need for good public-private dialogue, as well as raising questions about the strength of the contracting market
- All that glitters…3 December 2018Last week, the UK’s Infrastructure & Projects Authority published a pipeline of £600bn-worth of projects for the next decade. But a little light analysis suggests all is not as it seems.
- Time for a Bank26 November 2018Governments across the world are setting up ‘banks’. It could offer the UK a way out of the PFI morass
- A healthy estate19 November 2018Reconfiguring the NHS estate is going to require private sector support, whatever opponents might tell you
- Reputational Risk12 November 2018Chancellor Philip Hammond’s ‘abolition’ of PFI was directed at a local constituency, but it has garnered worldwide attention
- As bad as it seems?30 October 2018Why UK Chancellor Philip Hammond’s announcement to abolish PFI and PF2 could yet save private finance